Thursday, December 10, 2009

Entour Flocking Rage

Not really into it, my ears pricked when I heard Ari say something like "I hear Tom's going for ten cents on the dollar". This was an episode somewhere around the end of season three, I think, and I thought I was listening to some crass adolescent blather about rock stars. I watched some more, and HBO's Entourage began to grow on me. Fast. If you're of the opinion that all American TV is merde, mostly unadulterated at that, you might change your mind if you see some of their top shelf stuff. In addition to the two series recently aired on ABC - The United States of Tara and The Wire, this highly entertaining take on the world of moviemaking is full of fast paced cutting dialogue and enough decolletage to make your eyes water.

Here's a couple of quotes:
Terrence: If you change your mind, you know where I am.
Ari: Clubbing baby seals somewhere?
Craig: Hi mister Gold! I'm Craig. HR sent me down here to fill in for Lloyd.
Ari: Great.
Craig: Yeah, I really look forward to helping you out. Uh.. Do you know when he'll be back?
Ari: You want the truth?
Craig: Sure.
Ari: He won't. I killed him. I shot him and I buried him beneath my desk. Any more questions?
Craig: No.
Ari: Good. Now get out of here before I kill you too.
Marlo: Get back together? I'd f**k Hammas before I'd f**k you again!
Drama: Is this guy Masad or what?
Turtle: Aren't all Israelis?

More quotes from the series

No comments:

Post a Comment